Candia residents dedicate "The Village" sign

Candia residents dedicate a new sign marking the area of town known as “The Village."

Candia residents recently dedicated a new sign marking the area of town known as “The Village." 

The Candia Heritage Commission, which initiated the creation of the sign, also has completed a walking tour guide, written by Commission members Lorraine Briand and Dave Desilets. The guide includes several points of interest and historical references. Homeowners living in the Village provided information for the tour, which spotlights private residences as well as remnants of sawmill, stone arch bridges and the Village Cemetery, established in 1851. One of Candia’s one-room schoolhouses – Schoolhouse #9, c. 1826 -- is also located in the Village.

Source: Heritage Commission

Category: Town Hall News

More Announcements

Sign Up for Nixle

Receive Candia Police updates instantly. Sign up on Nixle now.

Nixle

Contact Us

  Phone: 603-483-8101

  Email: info@candianh.org

  Town Directory

  Contact Form

PDF Reader

empty Some files on this site require a PDF reader. Download the latest Adobe Reader.

Sign In